StoreEver Tape Storage

HPE StoreOpen on Mac - no longer can store files 4GB

ronalith
Visitor

Re: HPE StoreOpen on Mac - no longer can store files 4GB

After further investigation I found out a thread that references this issue (or a related one) on FUSE's bug tracker. Turns out the problem appears when you load the Creative Cloud app (which we've always had loaded) and I assume that's why the HPE team couldn't reproduce this behaviour. Here's the link: https://github.com/osxfuse/osxfuse/issues/373

Apparently there's a way to command line mount a tape with an extra option to avoid this issue but I didn't look for it because it's just easier to not run the CC app and only load it when Adobe's software needs to be updated. It seems that Adobe's syncing capabilites are not lost by not running it and I tested with a couple of other Adobe apps running. What I did for a fresh start was to set the preference on Creative Cloud to not load at login and rebooted. Copying bigger files with finder is BACK!

I also submitted this info/bug to Adobe for their consideration.

PatriotNW
Occasional Advisor

That's a fantastic share! I will try it out next week. Great news!

PatriotNW
Occasional Advisor

I have confirmed that avoiding Adobe's Creative Cloud app upon startup does indeed fix the problem. LTO and StoreOpen are functioning properly again. Thanks for the tip.