4836 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Hard Error in HP DLT 8000

Faiyyu

Hard Error in HP DLT 8000

Hi All

Pleasant Greetings

I'm Getting an error when i run a job in HP DLT 8000 with Veritas Backup Manager 8.And we are using this since 3 year but a week ago while taking backup it stop suddenly and thrown a error as

HARD ERROR

Failed to Load Tape in to Drive,Plunge Control System,Detected an over Volatage.
5 REPLIES 5
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Re: Hard Error in HP DLT 8000

It sounds like it is time to replace the drive. I would place a support call with HP.

Pete

Pete
F Verschuren
Esteemed Contributor

sounts like broke hartware, how does the lights of the dtp 800 are burning/flasing?

If the ilghts are flashing: broken leader/leader ofplease.
if not:
try to power of/on
Bharat Katkar
Honored Contributor

Power Supply Card in the Drive is gone bad. Need to replace/repair the drive.

Regards,
You need to know a lot to actually know how little you know
aleks mindlin
Frequent Advisor

I would try to run test "Magazine swaps" from front panel. This test will move tapes from slot - to - slot (excluding drive). If this test pass, it will definately indicate bad drive.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

What version of library firmware are you on?

Update to the latest code (1.72) if you are on anything <1.60, since we added additional error recovery for mechanical errors.

If the problem persists, look at the error qualifier (reported via the front panel), and see if it matches the troubleshooting mentioned here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=34115&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=34115&objectID=c00013655

Running the full sweep test may resolve issue.
The journey IS the reward.