1752803 Members
5111 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

How do I remove tape resources?

Betty Kluttz
Occasional Contributor

How do I remove tape resources?

How do I remove tape drive resources and add an additional parallel port resource?

P.S. This thread has been moved from  Disk to  Tape Libraries and Drives. -HP Forum Moderator

5 REPLIES 5
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Re: How do I remove tape resources?

Hi there.
Could you just be a bit more specific ?
What OS / which hardware ?
TIA
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"
Betty Kluttz
Occasional Contributor

Ok, I am running Windows 98 on a Pavilion 6460.
I have Tape detection in my devices which I want to remove and I want to add a second parallel port.
How do I do these task?
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

When you say you have tape detection in your devices, do you mean that you have some software installed that looks for tape drives? If that is the case, you could try to "un-install" it, which in windows doesn't mean much.

When you say you want to add another parallel port, you mean by adding another pci card with a parallel port adapter?

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
Betty Kluttz
Occasional Contributor

I have tried to remove the device from "my Computer'however, each time I reboot it is back again. I want to replace that with a second parallel port in the form of a pci parallel port card.
Darrell Allen
Honored Contributor

After removing the device from "My Computer" did you physicall remove the device?

Darrell
"What, Me Worry?" - Alfred E. Neuman (Mad Magazine)