Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
StoreEver Tape Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to: Automatically inventory 1/8 Autoloader with BackupExec

Klee Harker
Occasional Contributor

How to: Automatically inventory 1/8 Autoloader with BackupExec

We've recently purchased a 1/8 Autoloader with an LTO drive. I'm using BackupExec 8.6 (BE) and W2K Server to complete my backup routines.

I've found that BE will not recognise new tapes that are inserted unless an inventory is run on after physical tapes have been exported/imported. Unfortunately, the only option I have to automatically run an inventory on the drive is when the services are restarted.

I was wondering if there is a batch file or something I can run that will instruct BE to run an inventory on the autoloader prior to the backup routine each day without having to restart the services.

Thanks in advance,
Klee.
1 REPLY
Klee Harker
Occasional Contributor

Re: How to: Automatically inventory 1/8 Autoloader with BackupExec

Anybody able to help?