StoreEver Tape Storage
1753316 Members
5441 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Hp 1/8 Autoloader on windows 2000

Jake Greenland

Hp 1/8 Autoloader on windows 2000

I'm trying to setup a 1/8 autoloader connected to a compaq DL360 server. The server recognises the device and win2000 picks it up and tags it with a ? icon in the device manager and does not install a driver for it. The Hp tape tools install fine and will recognise the tape unit in the autoloader but not, it would seem, the autoloader itself. Running the various inquiry tools that come with the backpup package we are using [Legato]confirm that windows doesn't appear to know about the existence of the tape unit, autoloader or no autoloader.

The only driver I can find any reference to is the hp tape tools and they are installed. Has anyone had similar problems/any ideas how to make windows know about this unit?
6 REPLIES 6
Curtis C. Ballard
Occasional Advisor

Which 1/8 autoloader are you using. The new slim rack mount autoloader (actually called the 1/8), or the older square box autoloader called the 418/718/818 but often referred to as a 1/8?
Jake Greenland

The brand new one. It's 2u high in a rack mount kit with a vs80 drive and the part # is c9264CB iirc.

steve strickland

On the HP web site, there is a driver for
the VS80 tape drive, but not for the
Surestore Autoloader 1/8.

I was able to get it to work using the VS80
driver.
Steven Coin

I am not sure if you have resolved this issue, but I have attached a VS80 driver that should allow Legato and the OS to recognize the drive and thus be accessible.

Steven Coin
Hewlett Packard
Support Consultant
Jake Greenland

A colleague of mine located a driver named dltvs_w2k which made windows recognise the drive and allows legato to access the tape sequentially [ie when you eject one tape, the next loads] although autoloader operations are not availible.

I can't seem to download the attachment you have made but if it allows greater operation than what we have acheived so far I would like to get my hands on it.

Regards

J
Thomas_50

This product is made by Benchmark company, you can use the drivers from http://www.4benchmark.com/ or treat it as a Dell PowerVault 112T and use the drivers provided by Dell.