Error

Error 1401: Alert - Please insert compatible media

Objects

Object

globinacoBackup
Object

HP C7438A (Serial Number HU106491D3)

Description

Data Protector Express is unable to find usable media. Please insert media into the loader or stand alone device which is compatible with the job options. If this is a restore or verify job, make sure that the versions you selected reside on the media available to the device or autoloader.
----------------------------------------------

I'm using HP Storageworks DAT7 2 USB
with HP DAT 72 C8010A data cartridge.
Any problem with the cartridge?
or it's incompatible?
2 REPLIES 2
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

Re: I got this error

If the log specifically stated the DAT72 was the reference for the error I'd recommend a couple of different things.

First I'd download a copy of HP Library and Tape Tools (L&TT) and test both the drive and the tape. It's available from http://hp.com/go/tape.

Then, if everything checks out I'd try erasing the tape using DP Express and try an other backup.

Finally I'd try another tape.

Dave
Nelson Ng J H

Re: I got this error

Dave,

I've solve it by simply replacing a new CPU From a Pentium D 2.66, 1gbz ddr2, Adaptec Serial ATA RAID 2410SA card with 4x320GB to a Pentium Celeron D 324, 512mb DDR2, 1x240Gb SATA HDD.

I don't know why I have swap another CPU to run this USB HP Storageworks, at the beginning it crash by just simply installing HP StorageWorks Data Protector Express Single Server Editoon SP4 from a CD suplied by HP, until I tried the SP3 and it works from the previous CPU.

Now I've install it to a new CPU and finally it works perfectly.

Dave thanks for the fast response.

Thanks,
Nelson