6231 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Installing MSL4048 LTO3 FC Library in Data Protector 6

maulopez4_1
Occasional Contributor

Installing MSL4048 LTO3 FC Library in Data Protector 6

Hi!
I've installed a MSL4048 library on a windows 2k3 server, the os detects the tape and the changer pretty well. But DP6 doesn't. When I hit autodetect devices it detects the changer and says NO DRIVES FOUND, so I can't add tapes to the tape pools and cannot do backups.
2 REPLIES 2
tn123
Frequent Advisor

Been there and done that....First make sure you have connected 2 separate SCSI cables (assuming you have 2 drives)to separate controllers in the server. Do not, as we were first told, use a single cable and then daisy chain to the second drive. Next, make sure you diable the RSM (removable storage manager)service. Then, most importantly, disable the library hardware in device manager in Windows. Select the LTO drives and disable and also the Libary controller. This allows DP to see the hardware in autodiscovery and first sees the controller and then the 2 LTO drives below. A quick test is to barcode scan and you will see if it works.
Eric de Lange
Occasional Advisor

Mauricio,

If you are using FC to connect to your MSL

-When using SCSI port driver for your FC HBA, make sure you DISABLE the tape devices and media changer device in the Windows Device Manager. Also DISABLE Removable Storage Manager.

- When using Storport drivers for your FC HBA, make sure you ENABLE the tape devices and media changer devices in Windows Device manager and have the latest tape drivers loaded from HP. If the drivers are not loaded the Data Protector Autodetect will not function correctly either.

-Eric