108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Installing to Veritas 8.0

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Installing to Veritas 8.0

Here are the details.
Windows TN Server 4.0 Service Pack 5
TL881 library from Compaq (yes that second digit is an 8 he)

SCSI devices lists library as DEC TL800 no driver loaded
No Tape Devices installed or detectable

Veritas Backup exes 8.0 latest patch 3316

Veritas finds the Changer no problem but lists the two drives in the changer as unknown and disabled.

I have down loaded Veritas latest Drivers install and that has not helped.

I have tried installing DLT4xxx drivers from Compaq, but they never load up when the OS fires up. Clicking Detect (under control panel tape devices in NT) detects no tape drives.

DLT Library is ID1 Drives are ID4 and ID5

Library is plugged into Symbios Differential SCSI port.

The MRU software connects to the Tape Library and sees and interacts with both drives no problem.

I am unable to find anything but minute references to the 881 library on the compaq site, and the only firmware and drivers etc refer to the 891, and dont mention that they will work for 881 anywhere in the readmes.

If anyone has had this problem and knows how to work around please let me know.

Also the library option is installed in Veritas Backupexec.

Thank you

David
3 REPLIES 3
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Installing to Veritas 8.0

David,

I have a compaq 15/30 tape drive, autoloader. I am installing the 8.0 upgrade but neither BE 7.3 or BE 8.0 shows the drive. My problem is the same, my drive shows up as unknown, disabled. However, it shows all 15 slots.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Make a free Update to 8.5 and try again.
A lot of Fixes are included.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Currently, support for Digital Alpha and higher-end Storageworks products is not on this forum. If you are in the US or Canada, call 1-800-354-9000. If you are elsewhere, please contact our nearest offices for support information or check any service contracts you may have for the product in question.