StoreEver Tape Storage
1748214 Members
3268 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Invalid Library Operation Attempted (25)

Henning Ankarudd

Invalid Library Operation Attempted (25)

Hi all!

I've got problem with HP SureStore C7200 configured with 40 slots and 3 LTO tape drives. I'm using Veritas Netbackup 3.4.1GA with one Master and three media servers, One of the media servers is located in a Windows 2000 Cluster. I often get DOWN-LTO drives and unusuable storageunits when I check the eventlog in webmanagment for the library i got a lot of "Invalid Library Operation Attempted (25)" I'm using the latest drivers from Veritas and also the latest firmware on both drives and library controler and I have verified that Removable Storage is disabled for those drives.

I would be happy if anyone could give me a tip on whats going on.

Thanks Henning Ankarudd
henning.ankarudd@iftech.se
2 REPLIES 2
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Re: Invalid Library Operation Attempted (25)

> ... the eventlog in webmanagment for the library i got a lot of "Invalid Library Operation Attempted (25)"

See this related posting, and reply by Curtis:
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0x6c471aca6930d611abd50090277a778c,00.html

In summary: "The problem with the invalid command attempted warning is that there is a bug in Backup Exec and it is sending a vendor unique command that is for a non-HP library".

This is a tapealert flag, which indicates the host sent an unsupported command. Some apps are written to handle many different products, and may choose to attempt commands a specific library doesn't support. That is most likely the case here.

I don't think this event is the reason you have LTO drives being DOWNed.
The journey IS the reward.
Henning Ankarudd

Re: Invalid Library Operation Attempted (25)

Thanks, any id??a why I got the down's?