1752272 Members
4394 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Items "Disk image Options" invisible

quocdao

Items "Disk image Options" invisible

Hi!
Whene I using "HP OpenView Storage Data Protector Manager". In Backup Items --> Backup Options: Protection ---> "Disk image Option" invisible. See picture attachmet!
Help me!
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Peter Mattei
Honored Contributor

Re: Items "Disk image Options" invisible

Out of the DataProtector admin guide:

The availability of backup options depends on the type of data being backed up. For example, not all backup options available for a filesystem backup are available for a disk image backup.

A disk image backup is a high-speed backup of disks, disk partitions, or
logical volumes without tracking the file and directory structure stored
on these data sources.

Use a disk image backup in the following situations:
- You have lots of small files and a high backup speed is required.
- A full disk backup is needed, for example, for disaster recovery or before a major software update.
- A direct disk-to-disk connection is not possible and you want to duplicate a filesystem to another disk. The latter must be identical to the original disk.

Limitations:
A disk image backup fails if a file on the target system is open, since Data Protector cannot lock the file.

How to Perform a Disk Image Backup:
To perform a disk image backup, use the Manual add function from the Backup Object Summary page. For detailed steps, refer to the online Help index keyword - backing up, disk images.

Cheers
Peter
I love storage
quocdao

Thanks answer!
But this topic is "Disk image Option" invisible. Also I don't select other items, it default "Permanent".
This picture attachment will help you see clear.

Thanks and Best Regards!
Quoc Dao.
Peter Mattei
Honored Contributor

Yes I see!
This option is only available for certain backup types! For other it is greyed out.

Read more in the DP admin guide on http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00664514/c00664514.pdf

Cheers
Peter

I love storage