1753964 Members
7434 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Keep DLT Tape Data

Kc Wong

Keep DLT Tape Data

Hi there,

Currently my company using DLT type data cartridge to do the daily, weekly, monthly and yearly backup, due to the Backup Devices that i use are always spoil and send to repair and the increasing of the capacity of the data, i plan to change the backup devices to HP StorageWorks LTO-3 Ultrium 920, so all the tape that i use will become LTO-3 tape, beside that keep my old Tape Drive for read the old data, is it have any other method take i can take?

Thanks and best regard
Kc
3 REPLIES 3
palaniappan.sp
Regular Advisor

Re: Keep DLT Tape Data

Hi,

Can u able to mention the tape drive models and tapes capacity??

Regds
Palani
Everything is Possible and Anything is Feasible if u try
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

You might also want to mention what operating systems and backup software you're using...

If I understand you correctly, you're wanting to ensure that you can still get data off the DLT tapes for a period of time ...?

Cheers,

Rob
Kc Wong

Hi there,

Currently i'm using Tandberg Data DLT VS Autoloader with Veritas Backup Exec version 8.60 Rev.3808 in Window Server 2000 platform. The tape that i use is HP DLT IV data cartridge which is with 80GB capacity.

I have another question wish to ask as well, currently i use 5 tape to do weekly backup and the byte count in my Backup Exec is 235,282,545,999 byte, so is it mean that total size that i backup is 219.123...GB, so the total tape size that i use is 219.123GB, or it have another calculate method? Sorry i'm very new in backup device.

Thanks and best regard
Kc Wong