1753478 Members
5937 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

L&TT Pending I/O request

Panzer_1
Frequent Advisor

L&TT Pending I/O request

A new installation of L&TT version 4.4 seems to never finish the initial scanning of devices. After 2 days it is still scanning. I get the "Waiting for pending I/O request to complete..." for a couple of thousend seconds, then it starts over again. Any suggestions?
5 REPLIES 5
LTT Team
Valued Contributor

Re: L&TT Pending I/O request

Hi,

I am assuming you are using Storport.sys drivers. This issue can happen if the user is using Storport drivers and interface controller/NSR with fibre LUN target/active fabric enabled. We had this problem with earlier storport drivers and would suggest applying the below fixes

Windows 2003 SP1 ├в KB891793 (except Tivoli)
Windows 2003 SP2 ├в KB932755

Please install storport compatible driver for the interface controller. The below article describes about the issue more in detail http://www1.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/search.do?endDateDay=19&docType=Advisories&docType=WhitePapers&docType=EngineerNotes&docType=SecurityBulletins&docType=Manuals&docType=Patch&submit1=Search+%C2%BB&resPerPage=20&docTypeAll=yesX&mode=id&dateRange=all&startDateYear=1999&startDateDay=1&endDateYear=2007&searchString=c00683746&startDateMonth=0&dateSearchType=lastXdays&prevQueryString=c00683746&endDate...

Please let us know if this resolves the issue. If the issue persists, let us know the storage devices attached along with their drivers.

Regards,
Satya (LTT Team)
Panzer_1
Frequent Advisor

I have added the Servicepack 2 HotFix without any change. The server is using Emulex LP9802 with driver verison 5.1.20.7, provided by Emulex. Drives are 2x HP LTO Ultrium-2 in an MSL Library connected to the SAN with NSR 1200.
LTT Team
Valued Contributor

Install the fix available at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932755 along with the compitable NSR driver mentioned in the previous thread link.

Note: the MS patch involves rebooting the server.

Regards,
Satya
Panzer_1
Frequent Advisor

I have added the hotfix and verified that the NSR driver is installed, but no change. The L&TT Scan never finishes.
LTT Team
Valued Contributor

Please send the EventLog.ltt to ltt.team@hp.com along with the HP Network Storage Router driver version. Looking into the latest log, we could identify what is causing the issue.

Thanks,
Satya