1752726 Members
5624 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: LED's flashing

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

LED's flashing

I have followed the tips in the earlier forum postings and re-fed the leader after the LED's on my 20/40 external DLT started flashing, now whenever I cycle the power on the unit the LED's flash again until the unload button is pressed. This happens both when empty or with a DLT loaded. Is there a way of re setting this? The DLT works as normal apart from this.
5 REPLIES 5
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I've got the same problem on a 20/40 and on 2 35/70's. What is this? It won't give me my tape back either on one of the 35/70's.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

My DLT is a 35/75 and all of the lights on the right side are flashing. The door is locked and I cannot insert a tape. Can anyone help?
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Is anyone going to answer this question? We're having the problem as well. Our 35/70 DLT was fine and we inserted a Cleaning Tape. It immediately emitted some horrendous noises and never started cleaning. It seems to be going through a cycle now where the lights on the 'Unload' side of the drive will all Flash and the Operate handle will be solid. Then it will go to only the Tape In Use light Flashing. Then back to the all Flashing with the Operate Handle solid. While the 'all Flash' is occurring, I can unlock the handle and remove or insert the tape - but nothing changes whether the tape is in or not.

We have stopped using this particular Cleaning Tape since 2 drives have now been seemingly 'damaged' by it's use.

HELP!!!
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

We are not having this problem. But here is a thought. Ever notice that these questions go unanswered for months or longer? You would think that someone from Compaq tech. support would be here reading all this stuff and trying to help people. It seems like it's always the users who end up answering these questions. We have 6 Compaq sever now and there will be now more if I can help it. What a joke!! Good luck on finding a answer to your question.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

All,

The problem with these drives is most likely that the leader inside the drive has come adrift. If you can look inside the drive you should see a 1/2" strip of plastic emerging from the left of the drive, it has a sort of forked tounge look, this can only be re-seated by trained service personel, the way to avoid this happening is to open every tape prior to insertion into the drive and make sure the tape leader is in place, it very simple after the first one.