1753905 Members
10042 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: LT&T Failure

michael ramey

LT&T Failure

On a HP ultrium 2 tape drive, I get a failure on LT&T because there is a head calibration error in the history log. The drive works fine on other software like SCSI Toolbox. Does anyone know how to clear the history log?
4 REPLIES 4
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

The history can't be cleared but if the problem doesn't reproduce L&TT will quit reporting it.
michael ramey

Curtis,
Thanks for the quick reply. Do you have any idea how long that takes or can I do anything to speed it up.
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

I can check on that specific event but it should be about 5 days. Some events are report once then hide but I think that one will report based on age.

Note that this is a good example of why HP uses L&TT. Once the drive does calibrate things appear to run fine but the performance may not be up to specification. If the problem happens on the same tape multiple times then you need to replace that tape.
Richard Bickers
Trusted Contributor

If it's a one-off failure then it won't be reported again and you should be OK as Curtis says. Couple of things to try as well:
1) Post an L&TT support ticket to this thread and we'll take a look to see if there's anything worrying - though the L&TT rules should have already picked anything up
2) Run the L&TT drive assessment test with a trusted tape and that'll tell you if the drive is good or not.

Good luck.
It's more interesting when it's gone wrong