1753463 Members
4503 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

LTO-8 hangs

Dewhattens
Occasional Advisor

LTO-8 hangs

We are copying large amounts of data to LT0-8.   Seems to be very unstable and often hangs. The only sign I get of this is in the system logs in windows.

Seems that the LTFS driver gets corrupted  Of course I have the latest software and firmware.

If the system logs all that is stated is error 100 from the LTFS driver.

Seems impossible to paste an image of the events here.

9 REPLIES 9
Dewhattens
Occasional Advisor

Re: LTO-8 hangs

Update:    It seems as thuogh the FUSEWinSVc  stops.     So looks like I need help from HP with this?

Two hopes:   Bob Hope and No hope !!

neutral
HPE Pro

Hello @Dewhattens,

Respond to this Do you want to upload the screenshots of the event logs here?
Please click on Reply -> Select the camera icon on top of the text box -> Choose files -> Select the screenshot image file -> Open -> let the file upload -> Done.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I am an HPE Employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo

Dewhattens
Occasional Advisor

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @Dewhattens,

Sorry, I am facing challenges to understand the display language.

This looks like the cartridge handling capacity threshold was reached rather a performance issue.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of the company.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Dewhattens
Occasional Advisor

Its a message from the LTFS driver that it is getting error 100. I can only find that this is a generic error.  However, I do discover that the FUSE4Win service crashes at the same time.    SO to me it looks like a problem with FUSE4Win.  Need HP to interact with me on this ...............................................

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @Dewhattens,

To find the cause for FUSE service crash, it requires detailed log analysis. HPE support case will be the best way to get this sorted out.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of the company.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Dewhattens
Occasional Advisor

HPE will not accept calls without a service contract. 

tapelibraryfixr
Trusted Contributor

try HP LTT with a blank tape, see if it passes test.

jerryhopper

i had the same problem with a LTO6 drive,.
The drive came from a proliant server, and i wrote several tapes flawlessly with huge files ( 50GB+)

When the proliant server went out, i put the tapedrive in a self-build pc - and thats when the probllems started.  The fuse service unexpectedly stops while writing large fles.   it took a while to figure that out, as writing smaller files doesnt trigger the problem.

After reinstalls,and i tried other OS's *(even linux) on the machine i initially used with the drive, then i placed the tapedrive in a old HP pc - and all problems were gone.
I concluded that the LSI SAS card + tapedrive just dont work on ANY system. 

i guess there is some incompatibility issue with certain chipsets.

i hope this helps someone.