4678 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

LTO Stuck Tape Test

Eduardo F. Rego
Occasional Contributor

LTO Stuck Tape Test

Hi,

I cannot run LTO Stuck Tape Test on my MSL4048, because L&TT report following error "This test is not supported for library drives".
How can i clear the PMR bit, because the following error appears:
Media Removal Prevented by Host.
5 REPLIES 5
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

Re: LTO Stuck Tape Test

Strange but the library version of that test for the MSL4048 seems to be missing from the latest version of L&TT. I'm looking into that. In the meantime the library front panel has a force unload function that you can run.

The best way to clear PMR is to use your host application but if the app isn't running anymore then you'll need to use something like the force unload.
LTT Team
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Currently, LTO Stuck Tape test is not supported for drives part of a library. If the need is to disable 'Prevent Media Removal', then LTT can do it. Run the 'Drive Configuration Test' under 'Utilities'. Before executing the test, select the option 'disable' from the test 'Options'.

1. click on Utilities icon in LTT's UI
2. Select 'Drive Configuration Utility'
3. Click on 'Options'
4. Set 'Prevent Media Removal' option to 'disabled' from 'Leave unchanged'
5. Close the dialog box
6. Click on 'Start'

Regards,
Satya
LTT Team
Eduardo F. Rego
Occasional Contributor

I performed the procedures above but still not getting access to mailslot when I'm using Backpexec 10.1 10d. Any tips?
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

This sounds like library media removal prevented, not drive media removal prevented. The stuck tape test and procedures are for drive media removal prevented.

When using BE 10 you have to use the BE management interface and tell it to unlock the library before you can open the mailslot. I don't know where in the BE interface that operation is but I know it's there.
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

I discovered that the stuck tape test for the MSL-G3 and 1/8 G2 libraries got moved from the test menu to the utility menu but is still there in 4.7. I don't think that will help with your problem though as it only does a force unload from the drive.