StoreEver Tape Storage
1748177 Members
4336 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

LTT DAT24 Win2K Server Problem

LTT DAT24 Win2K Server Problem

Hi,

i installed a fresh win2k srv on a tyan nforce 4 mainboard, sata mirror and an adaptec 19160 SCSI controller. DAT24 SCSI C1537A.

Problem:

I can´t get the LTT Prog run. I also installed a test system on an other machine - there it works propoerly. I also uninstalled ArcServe on the server. When LTT want to scan Miniport NT i cannot find any drives. After I installed ASPI it recognises the C1537A but no test possible.

I also installed serveral drivers of the SCSI Contr and the C1537A...

pls help me.

thx in advance!

Dominik
27 REPLIES 27

Re: LTT DAT24 Win2K Server Problem

additional info:

LTT doesn´t before it scans it says: "Scan ende with errors"

No further description ;-(

thx!

additional info:

LTT doesn´t scan. before it scans it says: "Scan ende with errors"

No further description ;-(

thx!
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Dominik,

Is the Windows Removable Storage service (RSM) disabled?

Typically ASPI will get around having the device locked by another application/service with the miniport driver.

What do you mean by no tests are possible (with ASPI)?

If the NT miniport scan issue remains with RSM (and your backup app) disabled, then send the eventlog.ltt file (in the logs subfolder under LTT) to ltt_team@hp.com.
The journey IS the reward.

Hello David,

thx for your quick answer. i didn´t check the RSM Service yet.

Backup App was deinstalled after several tries.

When I scan with ASPI the Device is shown but not selectable. All buttons are grey.

The next time i can get to the server is tomorrow. Can i simulate the Problem?

Could it be connected to the Nforce drivers?
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

> When I scan with ASPI the Device is shown but not selectable. All buttons are grey.

The buttons are grey until a device is selected. Only blue (icon) devices can be selected. If the DDS drive icon is grey, then LTT does not recognize the product ID correctly (manufacturer & product ID string). If you click on a gray device it should show a Device Information tab.

> The next time i can get to the server is tomorrow. Can i simulate the Problem?

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

> Could it be connected to the Nforce drivers?

Video drivers? No. Applications typically use the hpdat.sys driver. LTT using a built-in (win NT) driver or ASPI to access the drive.

I am not at the office at the moment.

nforce drivers:
the nforce driver pack incl. also IDE and Chipset drivers not only VGA.

regards
Dominik
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Thanks for clarifying the nforce driver statement.

You will need to have the appropriate (typically adpatec) driver installed for the 19160 SCSI controller. You should be able to verify that in control panel.

If the 19160 is actually on the motherboard, then the driver might have been provided with a driver set there.

Hi,

the thing is - i used the same driver on the server and the testsystem.

on my test system (1800mhz sis chipset) i even can access the c1537a with LTT when ntbackup is opened. and it doesn´t matter if RSM is running or not... next thing is installing arcserve and looking if it affects
the problem.

nforce:
sorry but...i am almost getting mad because of this prob. *g*

thx
Dominik

PS: I am trying to get the same issue on my test system. But i will see if i can get the logs from the server tomorrow.
Jaclyn Rothe
Trusted Contributor