StoreEver Tape Storage
1753795 Members
7047 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: LTT Tool - Firmware download broken?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Steven Hirsch
Advisor

I went ahead and downloaded a new ltt tool. Same problem persists (log attached).

For yet another data point, I downloaded the previous version of the tool. Also fails in the same manner. Then, I tried yet a third system (running SuSE 10.1) - same failure.

So, this is SuSE 10, 10.1 and RedHat 8.0 that all fail with an unspecified error on firmware download.

Something is fundamentally broken here, and (per my previous note) I'm beginning to suspect that it does not recognize my drive as being a supported unit. That said, all the test functions work perfectly.

I look forward to a solution.

Steve

Steve,
As we continue to investigate your problem with getting files from the web with LTT, I thought I would pass along a link to the V109 firmware for your drive.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/information_storage/software/ltt/firmware/LTT_DLT7000_V109_CPQ-1.frm

Regards,

Bryce
I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Steven Hirsch
Advisor

Many thanks! That has me up and running with the new firmware. I'd still be glad to work with you on getting to the root cause of the download problems.

I actually was able to grab the firmware from one of the "problem" machines (using wget).
mark stephens
Occasional Advisor

The LTT 4.7 download function doesn't work with the SUSE LINUX 10.1 (i586) we are running here.

The library is a MSL5026 with a pair of SDLT1 drives.

However, thanks to the link ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/information_storage/software/ltt/firmware/ we were able to download the firmware manually.

Mark