108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

LTT fails to install

SOLVED
Go to solution
BRIAN FLUET
Occasional Contributor

LTT fails to install

I downloaded and attempted to install HP Storageworks Library and Tape Tools but it failed to install. The message said something to the effect that the install was stopped before it could finish. I retried with the same result. Event ID is 11708 which brings up nothing when googled. I was logged in as both a local admin as well as a Enterprise admin. From previous posts it looks like install issues should be resolved in the most recent version so I either have a unique problem or missed something. Suggestions would be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
ltt.team
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Re: LTT fails to install

Hi,

The installation can fail when the accounts (admin) don't have impersonate privileges. By default this privilege is granted to the Admin/Service groups however at times these groups don't have the privilege.

The below InstallShield article has further information on the issue http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q111303.

This is more of an InstallShield issue.

Regards,
Satya (LTT Team)

BRIAN FLUET
Occasional Contributor

Re: LTT fails to install

Thanks! That was it.

For anyone else who experiences this problem... I use Server 2003 Std Edition and it took me some serious research to determine which Group Policy was not allowing me to edit the Local Security Policy. The RSoP mmc snap in (Resultant Set of Policy) was invaluable in determining the controlling Group Policy.