1748176 Members
4213 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: LTT problem on Fedora FC5

ngmartinho

LTT problem on Fedora FC5

Hi,

I'm trying to use LTT on a Fedora Core 5 (2.6.18 kernel), with a HP C1537A (DAT 24 Drive).

LTT version: 4.1-SR1 ---> hp_ltt41sr1_linux.tar

The program detects my drive, but it freezes when i try to do a Hardware Scan.

1. It recognises de drive:

2. but here, it freezes when i run "hardware scan"

Best Regards,
Nuno Martinho
8 REPLIES 8
The Spartan
Trusted Contributor

I am not too sure if it is supported in FC..

Link -
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?pnameOID=406731&locale=en_US&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=406729&prodTypeId=12169
If you are keen to win, you should be willing to lose.
dirk dierickx
Honored Contributor

doesn't linux just work out of the box with this drive?
The Spartan
Trusted Contributor

i dont think LTT goes with FC..

If you are keen to win, you should be willing to lose.
LTT Team
Valued Contributor

Hi,

LTT does not support Fedora FC5 (Bordeaux). The compatibility matrix which LTT adheres to is at ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/storageworks/techdoc/ebs/EBSMatrix-1006.pdf

LTT hanging during the scan can be due to various unknown reasons.

Regards,
Satya
ngmartinho

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for the support.

During the instalation, i've readed the compatibility matrix. But since Fedora and RedHat are close parents, it's supposed to normally work.
I say this, because i work with a number of other applications that are compiled only for RedHat EL and AS, and work fine on Fedora systems.

So i'm unable to update my Firmware, by using a "free" operating system? :-(
LTT Team
Valued Contributor

We could help here but am not sure to what extend this can be done. Can you upload the EventLog.ltt found in the /opt/ltt/log folder. The log would give us an idea why the program is stalling.

How is the DAT 24 drive connected to the system? Please note LTT will be unable to perform diagnostics for tape devices connected to the onboard SCSI/RAID controller.

Additionally, LTT can detect the attached devices only after performing an Hardware Scan. Which I feel contradicts your statement. It would be helpful if you can clarify on this statement.

Regards,
Satya
ngmartinho

Hi,

In attachment, is the Log of the LTT, the output of dmesg and a print screen of LTT scanning.

It starts the scanning but never ends, it seems that he hangs.

The SCSI adapter is an Adaptec 2940
LTT Team
Valued Contributor

The dmesg output indicates that the operating system identifies the Tape device. However, LTT is not compatible with your HBA. You can verify the same by accessing the link provided in our earlier message.

LTT hangs during hardware scan due to compatibility issues with the host bus adapter.

Regards,
Satya