4916 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Latest version firmware of MSL5030/MSL5000

Danny Fu1
Occasional Advisor

Latest version firmware of MSL5030/MSL5000

Hi buddies,

Anybody knows the latest version of the MSL5000?

I am supporting a remote site backup using Windows 2000 and a new MSL5030 with one HP Ultrium 2 tape drive.

The Windows 2000 can identify the robot as well as the tape drive. The hp StorageWorks library and tape tools can also detect both of them, but it reported "The device scan failed to identify all of the library drives", and the MSL5000 and the HP Ultrium 2 were separately listed in the By Product panel, which was supposed to be listed together, in other words, the drive should be one sub tree of the library.

I also have the library connected to network. From the web console, it reported the library could not communicate with the tape drive.

My understanding the Windows 2000 discovery is done through SCSI path only, whereas, the hp StorageWorks discovery is done though the SCSI path and then cross the internal control path between the drive and the library.

I believe either the version of firmware is low for the library to communicate the HP Ultrium 2, or the internal communication cable between the library and the drive has some connection problem.

Any suggestions or tips for this kind of situation will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Danny Fu
1 REPLY 1
Iwan Westfa

Re: Latest version firmware of MSL5030/MSL5000

Did you find this information? I am also trying to find out what the latest version is.
The reason i want to know is because our LTO1 drive just died, and i was wondering if i could use a LTO2/3 drive in this library by upgrading the firmware.

Tnx,

Iwan Westfa