Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
StoreEver Tape Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legato Networker - SAN Backup

Karthik S S
Honored Contributor

Legato Networker - SAN Backup

Hi,

We have a SAN attached Tapelibrary and use Legato Networker for backup. How do I take backup of SAN attached arrays (SAN backup - Server free).

Thanks,
KarthiK S S
For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three. - Alice Kahn
2 REPLIES
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

Re: Legato Networker - SAN Backup

First read the manual and find out if your SAN infrastructure - most notably your SAN switches and storage routers are supported. By supported - I mean firmware revs, etc.

Second, further read the manual. If you've been able to implement something by simply following the manual - then you're home free.

If you cannot do step 1 and 2, I'd ask for a one week vacation err Training from Legato.

Hakuna Matata.
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

Re: Legato Networker - SAN Backup

http://web1.legato.com/infodev/publications/NetWorker/UNIX/7.2/uxag.pdf

Also search for product docu's related to "CELESTRA" - Legato's Lan-free/Server-free backup implementation.

I went the route of Veritas' VERTEX initiative but eventually dropped it.. settling instead to using mirrors/FlashSnaps..
Hakuna Matata.