StoreEver Tape Storage
1752394 Members
6883 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Library and Tape Tools Hangs on startup

Seth Hannuksela

Library and Tape Tools Hangs on startup

When trying to use the HP Library and Tape Tools on a RedHat 9.0 server the software freezes during the initial startup when it is searching the system for devices. The program creates three process, 2 sleeping and 1 zombie almost immediately. Does anyone know why this is happening, or if there is a way to skip this system scan and simply tell the software what tape device I am using, a Ultrium 215i connected via the SCSI channel B on a HP Proliant DL380/G3. Thanks a lot.
2 REPLIES 2
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

If you could zip up the "EventLog" from the logs directory and send it we may be able to figure out what is going wrong.

With version 3.4 you can skip the startup scan. If you use "-o skipscan" as a command line option the startup scan is skipped and you are prompted to enter a device number.

With version 3.5 a scan at least once is required and then you are given an option to choose from the results of the last scan. The "-o skipscan" function isn't supported anymore.
Seth Hannuksela

After using phone support today it would seem like there is a problem with my scsi controller, a LSI Logic PCI-X Fusion-MPT Dual Ultra320. I was told this product should work witht the tape software so perhaps after a driver and/or firmware update to the controller I can get arouond this little problem and then get to the true problem of the tape drive saying all tapes have errors. Thanks for the reply.
Seth