1753488 Members
5033 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

License problems with Data Protector Express SSE

Miguel Angel Alvarez Ro
Occasional Contributor

License problems with Data Protector Express SSE

We have HP Data Protector Express SSE installed onto a Windows Server 2008 x64 Standard Edition with one 160 GB internal USB HP DAT drive.
Sometimes we get an alert saying that we have no license; if I go to the license panel our license doesn't appear there. Then I need to reinstall our license to get Data Protector Express working again. It only happens very few times, but we'd like to avoid this error.
Anybody knows why this happens and how to solve the problem?
Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Rajanikant
HPE Pro

Re: License problems with Data Protector Express SSE

Hi,

We have not seen this problem before. can you let us know what is the error you get?

Raj
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Miguel Angel Alvarez Ro
Occasional Contributor

Re: License problems with Data Protector Express SSE

The error simply says that the license is missing, and the program is not going to perform any backup job. If we go to the licenses windows no license is shown. We need to reinstall the license.
Now we are having another strange behaviours of the program, and we're quite sure that the origin of all of this problems is in the use of Windows Server 2008; we have no problems at all in server with Windows 2003 and with the same driver and software version. But we neeed to confirm this. Anybody knows something about problems in Windows Server 2008 with Sigle Server Edition of DPX?