1753840 Members
9103 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Looking for a part to use DAT24 (external) as an internal drive

Marco van Rooij
Occasional Contributor

Looking for a part to use DAT24 (external) as an internal drive

One of my clients just purchased a new Proliant ML330 G3 server with a single channel scsi controller which is used for the internal hard drives. They have a DAT24 external tapedrive and want to use it on their new server. Of course I can put another scsi controller in the server and connect it that way, but then they have to buy an extra scsi card. I can also take the external drive out of the box and put it in the server, but I need a mounting kit to do that. I searched a lot on the HP site and partsurfer, but I cannot find the p/n for that. I hope someone on this forum can help with that.
Regards,
Marco van Rooij
2 REPLIES 2
madoc
Trusted Contributor

I think all the upgrade kits were discontinued a while ago. What you need is the 5.25" front panel and associated brackets. The jumper configuration for internals are in the manual.

I am pretty sure I can lay my hands on an old upgrade kit though, so if you post your email address then I'll contact you and sort something out.

Eagles may soar in the clouds but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Marco,
your client would better purchase addon SE SCSI controller (like 2940UW, see http://www.hp.com/cposupport/information_storage/support_doc/lpg50063.html ). DAT24e is a SE device, but I do not think that ML330 Gen3 is having internal SE drives - they should be LVD.
Thus connecting SE DAT24e drive onto the same SCSI bus with LVD hard drives will drop perfomance and whole bus will become SE with its usual requirements - 6 meters max, 5 mb/s transfer speed
Eugeny