StoreEver Tape Storage
1753500 Members
4448 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Looking for service manual for 40/80 Internal DLT

Michael Gruber_2

Looking for service manual for 40/80 Internal DLT

I'm having a POST error on my 40/80 Internal DLT on a Proliant 3000. The drive will pickup the tape leader and draw it in and around the pickup reel, but then the lights on the right side of the drive all blink and I can't remove the tape cartridge. If I manually remove the cartridge, I can reset the drive, but this time the green led to activate the tape door is solid and the remaining 3 above it blink. I think it may be a sensor problem, but I'm not sure and am looking for a service manual. Failing that, I'm looking for an inexpensive replacement/repair for this drive. I'm in the healthcare sector and as such funding is sparse to say the least. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
Naveej.K.A
Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for service manual for 40/80 Internal DLT

Hi Michael,

Hope this link would be of some interest to you.....

http://h200005.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/UCR/SupportManual/TPM_289067e1(1)/TPM_289067e1(1).pdf

with best wishes
Naveej
practice makes a man perfect!!!
Michael Gruber_2

Re: Looking for service manual for 40/80 Internal DLT

Thanks for your submission. I've had a look at this manual, but what I am looking for is a service manual. One that the Compaq/HP techs use to diagnose internal drive problems. This is not a simple problem, it is either a logic problem or a sensor problem as far as I can see and I'm looking for a manual that includes schematics, test voltages, etc.