StoreEver Tape Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to add SDLT to our MPE7.0 k-class server

Looking to add SDLT to our MPE7.0 k-class server

is this possible, and still have it work?
I looked at iodfault.pub.sys and nothing was listed for sdlt drives.
The problem I am trying to solve is to not have to come in on the weekend to put another tape into the server for the full backup.
2 REPLIES
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Re: Looking to add SDLT to our MPE7.0 k-class server

Pre-merger HP did not support the SDLT product family, so it is unlikely that the SDLT product was integrated under MPE.

From a driver perspective, the SDLT drive works identically to the DLT drive (other than different density codes), so it may be possible to get it to work unofficially as a DLT drive.

I looked at docs.hp.com, but could not locate a list of supported tape devices. However, I seem to recall that some of the DLT tape libraries may have been supported. If so, that would resolve our capacity issue. I'm sure you can find a used DLT library fairly cheap.

You might want to post your question under the MPE -> General forum to see if anyone there has some answers: http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/categoryhome.do?categoryId=19
The journey IS the reward.

Re: Looking to add SDLT to our MPE7.0 k-class server

I do have a DLT7000 2/15 (c5173L-7000) libaray that is leftover from a HP9000, but unable to find a "stacker mode" setting on it. Would turbostore know how to control the library, or would I have to refer to stacker mode?