New Discussion юеВ

Re: MEDIUM REMOVAL PREVENT

SOLVED
Go to solution
Robson Cassiano
Occasional Advisor

MEDIUM REMOVAL PREVENT

Hello All,

we have a ESL E-Series here and I got the following message when I try move one tape from tape drive to slot " move_medium failed MEDIUM REMOVAL PREVENTED" I'm using Veritas Netbackup, I checked the service "removable storage" and it's already disable, It's happen in different tape drives but some tapes drives don't have this error, we only can pull out those tapes if we stop the library on the library panel and then request to pull that... do you have any Idea what's happen? Windows 2000 are controlling the library. maybe some SCSI error?

Thnx
7 REPLIES 7
TapeDrive Killer
Trusted Contributor

This is a software problem
Relase media from your software or use LTT to take removal prevented.

Pablo Alvarado Siles
One drink away from sleeping on the pavement
Robson Cassiano
Occasional Advisor

yeah I though the same, but I stoped all services from Netbackup, service "removable storage" is stoped, and the tape still stuck showing this error to move... I just can move that if I stop the library on from panel and then move that... I just ran the LTT test but it's showing this message: is that message "removal has been prevented" is like a option? can I remove that somewhere?

thank you again sir
Robson Cassiano
Occasional Advisor

the message picture is attached in the last comment
TapeDrive Killer
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Go to Utility > Drive Configuration Utility > Double click on media removal > Allow

see attacht

Pablo Alvarado Siles
One drink away from sleeping on the pavement
Robson Cassiano
Occasional Advisor

I just ask to tape handler remove the tape from those drives and after that power recycle the library and MDR so I will run another LTT test. I'm freaking out about this case
Robson Cassiano
Occasional Advisor

thank you a lot, I did that, let's see the backups from this night... I will post here tomorrow to update everybody... thank's again Sir
Robson Cassiano
Occasional Advisor

Thank you a lot man, I think it's working... btw we will make sure about that on sunday after the backup full, but it worked yesterday at night and I think we will have no problem with that anymore... thanks again