Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
StoreEver Tape Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSL 5000 firmware

bobby_31
Occasional Advisor

MSL 5000 firmware

Hi
I am having difficulty in upgrading the firmware of MSL5000 tape with single SDLT 320 drive
I am running debian and converted the ltt rpm to debian and installed that. It runs fine except for down load when I choose option 6 (Download) from hp_ltt main screen it gives the following error
Exception:Could not connect to the server, Try Later..

I tried tcpdump and actually ltt is not going out to fetch the file.

so I downloded "NextGen_516.bin" , which appears to be the firmware and copied it to firmware dir and tried to update firmware and it complains "no matching file" also from options if i try to set the default password 5566 it fails. seems to be that factory password is different from service password.

I appreciate your help in this regard.
bobby
2 REPLIES
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: MSL 5000 firmware

Please close the parallel thread and refer to this

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1035604

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
bobby_31
Occasional Advisor

Re: MSL 5000 firmware

duplicate
bobby