1752794 Members
6282 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSL 6030 Error 3303

Caster Troy
Regular Advisor

MSL 6030 Error 3303

I am using MSL 6000 series with 2 drives, till yesterday the tape library was working fine and today I am receiving the error 3303 Shuttle not attached to cable. Any ideas...
Evil Has Its Winning Ways
6 REPLIES 6
Stig Morten Neg├еrd
Occasional Advisor

Re: MSL 6030 Error 3303

Hi!

Have you tried to do an diagnostic from the panel on the MSL6030? Maybe you can see more exactly where the problem lies?

And is the "robotarm" moving inside, if you do a barcodescan? Tried to do so from the panel as well?

Good luck!!
Caster Troy
Regular Advisor

The Robotic Arm does not move at all, no operation is performed like service menu etc as the library keeps displaying the error and if any menu is used it gives the message library is busy performing an operation initiated from an external source.
Evil Has Its Winning Ways
Stig Morten Neg├еrd
Occasional Advisor

I have not got any experience with the problem you have, so I just thinking loud, to give you some more idees regarding your problem.

I'm not to sure how to actually be sure that the arm is the couse of this problem, but could it be a good ting to contact HP technical help? It could be that arm has been unplugged for some reason. It could be posible to check this by opening the robot with the servicepanel, but I'm not sure this would void some garanti issues?

Have you tried to reboot the robot, either with panel or by unplugging the power?

AwadheshPandey
Honored Contributor

Pls do a power cycle if problem still remain same contat HP.

Awadhesh
It's kind of fun to do the impossible
goodluck

Hi,

We are facing problem in the tape library installed at Mobilink. The MSL 6030 displays following error display on touchpad.

Error code 3303(hard)

Shuttle not connected to cable

Kindly provide help in this regard, our engineer has checked for all cable connections Library Do
When powering up the tape library, the unit may fail to complete POST and present one (1) or more of the following symptoms and error messages on the front panel LCD display:
Not Complete POST. The shuttle cable attached confirmed and cable checked with multimeter its ok.

All cables checked.

The serial number is

HP s/n USV333C019

S/n 3G38LRT56YVM

HP storage works MSL6060 2-DRV

Your usual support and response is highly appreciated and helpful

Thanks & regards

Eric B_1
Occasional Contributor

I had the exact same error after a firmware upgrade to 5.13. HP ended up replacing the entire unit because the library controller is no longer modular. Basically the thing wouldn't boot.