1752810 Members
5776 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSL 6030 Hard Fault 3303

Eric B_1
Occasional Contributor

MSL 6030 Hard Fault 3303

I tried to upgrade the firmware on a slave msl6030 via the master and now receive a hard fault 3303 Shuttle not attached to cable. How can I get the error cleared in order to try the firmware upgrade again?
4 REPLIES 4
Leon Rosier
Respected Contributor

Re: MSL 6030 Hard Fault 3303

You want to try the firmware upgrade again, so the first attempt failed?
Check the settings on the library that one unit is configured as slave, the other one as master. You library came with a serial cable, you could use this cable to upgrade the firmware as well. You need the MSL util program for this and a specific firmware file which has a .bin format.
What fw level is your library at right now?
Why would you want to upgrade?
I reccommend not to upgrade to 5.13 as this has some bugs. HP will bring 5.15 out soon.

Leon
Eric B_1
Occasional Contributor

The slave is brand new. I installed a PTM, changed the original Library to master and the new one to slave. The master indicated the firmware wasn't consistent and it needed updating. After I updated it and rebooted I'm stuck with a hard fault 3303.

The master was at firmware 4.21 and that is what the slave is at now. When trying to fix it I updated the master to 5.13, which now I read I shouldn't have done.
I separated the 2 so I could run the weekend backups but the slave gets the error after every reboot and I cannot make any changes to it because it says the library is busy performing and operation... I've reattached them and get the same error. Currently I have a brand new paper weight. I├в m just trying to get the slave to successfully boot.

Thanks for any ideas,
Eric
Leon Rosier
Respected Contributor

Don't worry, it should work with 5.13.
So first you have to get everything to work and later you could downgrade to 5.07 or upgrade to 5.15 when available.

Did you check whether the networkrouter is functioning fine that is connected to master and slave? Try to set the master and slave to DHCP and look if both units get a 192.168.x.x address from the router.

I suggest the serial lift cable is connected between master and pass through module?

Leon
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

If these are recent msl6000 libraries (e.g. with LTO3 drives)and have the intergrated chassis, they do not support firmware below 5.07. The error may be the result of having the 4.30 firmware.

You should upgrade back to 5.07 on both units.
The journey IS the reward.