StoreEver Tape Storage
1752679 Members
5636 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

MSL G3 Series MSL 2024 (HE: internal SCSI cmd failed with check condition Code: FC 01)

NicoS1
Occasional Visitor

MSL G3 Series MSL 2024 (HE: internal SCSI cmd failed with check condition Code: FC 01)

Morning Guys need some help please

my tape drive says i have a tape in the drive and i have checked there are nothing in it . i have tryed to eject that tape  but that wornt work

Please i need help asap

PS u upgraded from LTO 5 to LTO 7 and firmwear was updated was working fine for a month then stoped.

18.08.06 09:23:59.83  Libctrl task Error - HE: internal SCSI cmd failed with check condition
     Return status: 0x80 - command failed
     Global error code: 0xFC - HE: internal SCSI cmd failed with check condition
     Module error code: 0x01, 1
     Command code: 0x17 - introduce cart
     Task originator: 0x0F - Remote management interface
     Extender library specifier: 0x00 - master library
     Sub error type: 0x02 - SCSI sense data
     Data: SENSE KEY 02, ASQ 04, ASCQ 02
     Source element type.: 0x04 - tape drive
     Element number: 0x01, 1
     Destination element type.: 0x02 - storage slot
     Element number: 0x01, 1

5 REPLIES 5
tapelibraryfixr
Trusted Contributor

Re: MSL G3 Series MSL 2024 (HE: internal SCSI cmd failed with check condition Code: FC 01)

May be worth chekcing your tapes to see if one has snapped which means there may be tape still on the spoil within the drive.

Was the drive brand new when purchased?

NicoS1
Occasional Visitor

Re: MSL G3 Series MSL 2024 (HE: internal SCSI cmd failed with check condition Code: FC 01)

Hi i have removed the tape drive out and checked all good nothing in it

the drive is brand new from HP

tapelibraryfixr
Trusted Contributor

have you tried basic things like rebooting the server the backup software is running on, maybe a reinventory trough the back software. maybe the web gui may give a hint to what is going on.

NicoS1
Occasional Visitor

try that rebooted  check all tape all good 

tapelibraryfixr
Trusted Contributor

if u have a spare tape you could try loading it using the front panel and try running hpe ltt assesment test and you could upload the logs here