Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
StoreEver Tape Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSL Library error

MAH_2
Regular Advisor

MSL Library error

Hi, I am using MSL 2024 library with 2 ultrium 920 drive.When I strt the backup using veritas backup exec , 1-drive giving the error.2-drive working fine. To confirm drive problem I have swapped the drve.But still I am getting error that particular drive slot (1 drive ).When i tried to use the L&TT on device analysis of that 1-slot drive giving error(Drive experiencing a high poling rate on SCSI interface.).Replaced the Libray chasis. Same error I am geeting. Please help me to sole this problem.
1 REPLY
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

Re: MSL Library error

The drives are completely independant. The chassis supplies power to them and communicates with them via a dedicated bus but it doesn't have anything to do with the data path. If there is a problem that repeats when the drives have been switched then the problem is somewhere outside the library. Maybe software configuration.

You could post an L&TT support ticket here and there may be some tips in there.

High polling rate is often caused by driver misconfiguration. There is a utility that ships with the HP tape driver called disable autorun which will stop some of the polling.