1752279 Members
4510 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSL2024 BCR error

issa halasa
Occasional Advisor

MSL2024 BCR error

I have MSL2024 tape library suddenly the tape media stacked inside the drive and we have the following error on the control panel display тАЬBCR failure code :81 01 тАЬ and the tape library reported тАЬNo Cartridge Available тАЬ while in fact we have four tapes, please any help
5 REPLIES 5
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hi!

Maybe this guide can help you?

http://h20584.www2.hp.com/hpgt/guides/select?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=3936307

- But - is the cartridge stuck inside the tape drive?

You can use your backup software to lock/unlock and sometimes also eject cartridges.
HP's LTT - library and tape tools - can also help out with ejecting tapes.
Or maybe you can try to use the display in the front?
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Sometimes it helps to do a power cycle, then try to eject the tape. But your tape drive has likely a problem and need to be replaced.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
issa halasa
Occasional Advisor

I did connect the tape drive direct to a SCSI controller by removing it from the cage and using Data protector I could backup and restore from it without any problems , I noted that there is no light coming out from the robotic and barcode reader during the inventory process and the tape library couldn├в t detect any media in the left and right magazine .
Attached the log
I was planning to replace the robotic but unfortunately I couldn├в t find any spare number
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

First try to upgrade the FW, as there is a newer version.

The error of the barcode is reported in the support ticket, if the fw upgrade do not fix the issue, and you already tried a Power Cycle, then probably the barcode reader itself is defective.

There is no PN for the barcode or the picker, you should order a new chassis.

If the MSL is under warranty or contract, just call HP.
If you have no warranty or contract, you can run without barcode, just disable the funtion, and the inventory will be made loading each tape in the drive for identification. THis will take more time during the inventory, but then it will work normaly
issa halasa
Occasional Advisor

Yes you are right, the problem was with the barcode reader and I did apply the latest FW but without any help, so I did order a new chassis