108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSL2024 LTT problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Miika T
Valued Contributor

MSL2024 LTT problem

I have one MSL2024 with single drive, which is working ok with Backup Exec. The problem is that if I launch Library tape tool, I get an error:

"The device scan failed to find the library drives for at least one library."

The scane ends with "Di not fien all drives for all libraries and found only 1 of 2 drives". HP has replaced all componentes so far, but problem still persist regaring to ltt. The drive serial number doesn't mach to the current drive serial number in the 3rd finding method. (see attahments).

Any ideas?

-Miika
5 REPLIES 5
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

Re: MSL2024 LTT problem

L&TT failing to match the drive to the library is not a library hardware problem so no amount of replacing hardware will help.

Backup Exec is really bad about locking devices so that L&TT can't access them. Make certain that your BE services are stopped before you attempt to run L&TT.

If the services are stopped and L&TT still can't find the device the run L&TT and select "Options" from the top menu then select "Add I/O History to Event Log" in the "Other Settings" dialog.

Close and restart L&TT. After L&TT completes it's scan and reports it can't find the device then exit it and grab the EventLog.ltt file from the "logs" directory under the "HP StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools" installation directory and post that file to this forum.

You can also submit issues to ltt_team@hp.com .
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor
Solution

I just caught a point in your original message I should have seen earlier. "found only 1 of 2 drives" means that L&TT believes that it should be trying to find two drives for the library.

The event log file I requested will be very helpful for looking into the problem but one other thing to try is to update the library to the latest firmware and then reset the default configuration using the "Configuration" -> "Restore Defaults" tabs in the web interface.

If the library ever had two drives installed the defaults have to be reset to remove the second drive and your library is reporting two drives when you say it only has one. Maybe the service person put a second drive in for some reason and forgot to reset the defaults after removing it.
Miika T
Valued Contributor

Resetting the device sounds like a good choice. If this is done remotely, will all configuration including ip be resetted to default?

-Miika
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

Reset defaults in the 2024 is more of a "Reset Robotic Configuration" than a true reset defaults. The admin password, mailslot configs, network settings are all retained but all of the robotics configuration values are reset and the library will then rediscover the hardware.
Miika T
Valued Contributor

Resetting the device to default resolved the issue.

-Miika