1752724 Members
5595 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSL2024 SNMP support

Miika T
Valued Contributor

MSL2024 SNMP support

I upgraded MSL2024 firmware to 3.00 and found out that included snmp support. Can anyone confirm, if the snmp support also makes possible of making snmp queries to the MSL, or is it only for sending snmp traps? I tried to use snmpwalk with proper community name, but I get no response though udp/161 is open.

-Miika
5 REPLIES 5
H_16
Trusted Contributor

MSL's will set SNMP Traps only.
H_16
Trusted Contributor

Sorry I meant to say...will only SEND snmptraps..
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

SNMP queries are supported but you must first enable SNMP and then set the host you are using to send the query as an SNMP target using the web interface to configure SNMP.

So far only SNMP V1 is supported and V2 requests are not responded to so make certain you are sending "-v 1" for snmpwalk.

SNMP queries from systems that are not configured as targets are not allowed at this time.
Miika T
Valued Contributor

Great. The snmp trap host was a bit misleading, snmpwalk is now working. Any idea if there is a MSL specific MIB available somewhere?

-Miika
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

The MIB isn't MSL specific. It is the standard HP NetCitizen MIB that most of the tape libraries use.

I don't believe it has been linked on the MSL web page yet but you can go to the support page for Command View TL http://www.hp.com/support/CVTL and then select manuals and scroll all the way to the bottom and there is a document that contains the MIB specification.

The MIB is also automatically installed with HP-SIM so if you have it you can just browse to your "mibs" directory and look for hpnetctz.mib.