108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSL2024 device driver

SOLVED
Go to solution
Miika T
Valued Contributor

MSL2024 device driver

I am trying to get MSL2024 library with one ultrium2 drive to be recognized with Veritas backup exec 9.1. It appears that msl2024 is not fully supported with be 9.1 device drivers, but is with 10.x. Veritas suggest that one should try to use OEM drivers instead, if veritas drivers are not supported. I tried to browse through the hp support downloads for msl2024, but all I can find is ltt 4.0b. So does anyone know, if there is actually a tape + library driver for this device? It's recognized as a unknown medium changer and as hp ultrium2 tape device (no driver loaded for ultrium). And the actualy problem is that Backup exec thinks that the device is just a single drive.

-Miika
4 REPLIES 4
Mahesh Kumar Malik
Honored Contributor

Re: MSL2024 device driver

Hi Miika

Following link may be of help:

https://h30046.www3.hp.com/subprofile.php?SUBS=DRIVERSIGNUP&jumpid=in_SC-GEN-DRIVER__BSCdriverpageтМй=en&cc=us&prodSeriesId=1809913

Regards

Mahesh
David Ruska
Honored Contributor
Solution

Miika,

Did you resolve your issue(s)?

As I understand it, the minumum supported version of Backup Exec with the MSL2024 is 10.x with the release 49 drivers: http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/281519.htm

It is up to the backup vendor to decide if they also release support on previous versions of their product (i.e. 9.x) for new hardware platforms (i.e. the MSL2024).

HP does not provide generic device drivers for the robotics.
The journey IS the reward.
Jaclyn Rothe
Trusted Contributor

I understand that Veritas has released a service patch 10D this resolves the single drive and no autoloader seen problem.
Also, ensuring the firmware is up to date is also helpful.
You will always see the autoloader portion as an unknown medium changer. That is good. If device manager sees it then I would patch Veritas and try to download the latest drivers for the ultrium 2 drive. Using the third party drivers is always recommended for best efficiency and reliability.

Veritas should have a driver for LTO 2's.
Miika T
Valued Contributor

The only resolution was to upgrade the be9.1 to 10d, and then updating the latest device drivers, which support MSL2024. Be9.1 doesn't support the library function for 2024, and recognizes it just as a single drive.

-Miika