5409 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSL2024 sets tapes to READ ONLY

Trygve Henriksen
Respected Contributor

MSL2024 sets tapes to READ ONLY

This is a bit of a pain...

for one reason or another, this system insists that all tapes are READ ONLY.

I've attached a HP L&TT Support ticket, if anyone wants to take a look.
4 REPLIES 4

Hi,
The LTT support ticket does show that the tape is set as Write Protected and the drive passed the device analysis test with no errors. Can you verify that your tapes are not set as write protected?

It would also be helpful if you could send a support ticket for the entire library - not just the drive.

It is possible that the drive has a faulty sensor, but that is unlikely given that no such error was reported in the support ticket.

Regards,

Bryce

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Trygve Henriksen
Respected Contributor

I can confirm that the tapes are not write-protected.

A few days ago, I pulled both magazines out and manually checked all the tapes.
Not that there was any danger of that being a problem as all the tapes are brand new, and was unpacked, labelled and placed in the robot by myself.
(Note to designers: put a label on top of the magazines which show slot numbering... )

I also made certain that no label had fallen off(highly unlikely with the quality of glue used :-)
I've even logged onto the robot using the remote web-interface, moved other tapes into the drive and checked the status on them with the L&TT tool.
(And yes, they all report as Read only)
Trygve Henriksen
Respected Contributor

Just one note, the robot is at a location that's 1Hours drive and a 30minute ferry-ride away, so I can't just run off and check it. (I can go there, but it'll take at least a 'well informed hunch')
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

I don't see any follow-up postings for quite a while. Did you get a resolution on this issue?