5612 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSL2024 with 1 Ultrium920, inventory very slow

Carlos Vega
Advisor

MSL2024 with 1 Ultrium920, inventory very slow

Hi, guys.

I've msl2024 with ultrium 920 attach to server proliant dl380 g4 both attach with scsi card. I'm useful Backup exec 10d software for backup and HP bar code labels for the tapes. The backup jobs are done well but when i need inventory the tapes the task is very low, up to 34 minutes.

thanks for your comments.

Sorry, my english is not good.
4 REPLIES 4
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

If inventory took so much time, that means that the library is not using the barcode reader.
It may be your barcode are not readable or the barcode reader have problem.
Check in the RMI (remote management interface) for errors and run LTT diagnostic.

Carlos Vega
Advisor

Thanks for the answer.
I did the LTT diagnostics and the results don't show any problem. The labels are displayed in the Backup exec console and the same way the labels are displayed into de RMI. Is it possible that some parameter mistaken in the configuration or backup exec settings?

regards

CV
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Did the problem occurs also when you reboot the library with communication with the server disconnected? It may be you have some setting in BackupExec that force a inventory reading the tape instead of using the barcode.
Carlos Vega
Advisor

Hi.
I'm consulting with the BE support for this issue, I believe that the library is good. However if you know something that solve the problem, please write me.

regards