1752794 Members
6240 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSL4026, Data Protector 5.1 W2K SP3 SCSI Address Changes

Gary crews
Frequent Advisor

MSL4026, Data Protector 5.1 W2K SP3 SCSI Address Changes

I have an MSL5026 library and it seems the SCSI address keeps changing on me. I have read other posts that mention hard coding with SANConf. But the documentation/help on SANConf is lacking. I apologize if this has been covered before - I am suddenly tight for time and can not peruse all these forums. Any help on how to hard code the SCSI address would be apprecieated.

With DEVBRA -Devices I showed:
Medium Changer Changer0:1:10:0
Tape0:1:10:1C
Tape1:1:10:2C

now the 10s show as 8s

Thx
2 REPLIES 2
Lee McMichael
Advisor

Re: MSL4026, Data Protector 5.1 W2K SP3 SCSI Address Changes

Gary

Not sure if this is applicable but I have a similar problem using an MSL5030 connected to a M2402 NSR. This is in turn connected to our SAN fabric through 2 ports on the NSR.

The emulex HBAs in our servers do not use persistant bindings, the fabric config on the HBA is set to automap, neither are we using SSP in the NSR (this maps devices to each host on a specifc id.) This means that the tape devices can change their scsi id's in Windows 2000, this is causing us a great deal of problems with Netbackup, as the devices just disappear, Windows device manager hangs, and the servers can take 12hrs to come up!

I now have to change my 200 or so servers so that they are configured with persistant bindings on the Emulex HBAs, and configure the NSRs with SSP. This will stop the devices changing their SCSI ids in Windows.

Hope this helps.
Gary crews
Frequent Advisor

Re: MSL4026, Data Protector 5.1 W2K SP3 SCSI Address Changes

Lee, Can you point me in the right direction for steps to set persistent bindings and SSP on an NSR? Thanks!