4928 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSL4048

Domenico_5
Respected Contributor

MSL4048

Hy guys

I'm trying to telnet an MSL4048, but I don't know the password for users Admin or Service.

can anyone help me?

tnx in advance
11 REPLIES 11
smatador
Honored Contributor
MajidNX
Frequent Advisor

HI Domenico

Username for RMI (Command View MSLG3) :: User/Administrator/ Service ( These are the three levels of access). Generally used is User.
Password for RMI (Command View MSL) :: Same administrator password set for OCP
I work for HP
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

The telnet interface just allows unauthenticated status displays. You can't set an Admin or Service password for the telnet interface.
Domenico_5
Respected Contributor

Hi Curtis.

Correct i don't want to set password.

I want to be able Login with admin or service, beacuse I want more information about library.

tnx
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Open a call with HP service. You provide them the current date and time on the library and they will generate a password valid within that hour.
You can login with that password and set the users passwords.
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

There is no admin or service login on the telnet interface. All that is available is what you get with the unauthenticated connection.

What are you trying to use the telnet interface for? If there is specific information you want it may be buried somewhere in the data that is available. Control of the library over that interface isn't supported and no admin or service accounts are available.
Domenico_5
Respected Contributor

Cutris, it isn't correct.

there is a command named "Login".

When I try to use "domviz" it respond with "
incorrect user name"
When I try to use "Admin" or "Service" it respond with "Password?"

I'd like to use telnet connection for monitoring by nagios.

bye.
domviz
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

There is a "login" command and accounts do exist for use by the engineers in the lab or for use by those engineers if they make a customer visit but there are no admin or service accounts that correspond to the field accessible accounts. Nobody in the field has login access to that port, not even HP support.

I'm not familiar with your monitoring application. Can you provide any information about what it needs?
Domenico_5
Respected Contributor

Curtis

I want to know some information like, if all drive are ok, if cartrige are in drive and so on.

In telnet I can see dumpall but I can't grep all status information.

I'm trying to use telnet because I dont' have mib, can you find it?
tnx