1751978 Members
4506 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSL5000 installation on SAN

SOLVED
Go to solution

MSL5000 installation on SAN

I'm trying to install an MSL5000 Library (with an FC card installed) to an ML370(Win2000) via a FC SAN switch, by using HP Openview Storage Data Protector Manager.
When I'm trying to add a new device and specify the scsi address of the library robotic from the drop down list, I get the following error: "no device(s) found".
It seems that my server cannot "see" the library. Do I need to use a FC router or there is something else wrong?
3 REPLIES 3
Leif Halvarsson_2
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: MSL5000 installation on SAN

Hi,
I suppose you have the e1200 FC-card in your library, it actually is a Storage Router. You don't need any additional devices to get it work but there is perhabs some configuration with the Storage Router needed.

Log in to the router with a web browser (I assume you already have configured the IP adress). Open the FC-port configuration window and change the Default Map from Indexed to Auto Assigned. Reboot the router.
Massimo Bianchi
Honored Contributor

Hi,
important things to check-up is the proper cabling. we needed three weeks to find out that the sheet handed out with the MSL were wrong... untill that, we were unable to see the robotic, but we could see the drive.

Obviously in addition to other's suggestions.

HTH,
Massimo

Massimo Bianchi
Honored Contributor