Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
StoreEver Tape Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSL5000 library security levels

David Frow
Occasional Contributor

MSL5000 library security levels

hello,

A colleague of mine seems to have altered the security and whenever we change the tape cartridges now the library asks for the level 2 password. How do we stop this prompt from appearing?

1 REPLY
Randy Weis
Frequent Advisor

Re: MSL5000 library security levels

According to the manual (I know, who reads that?), you disable the passwords by entering 0000. Check page 4-5. I qoute below.

The GUI touch screen offers three levels of security (see Figure 4-4):
* User Level 1: allows access to the mail slot(s).
* User Level 2: allows magazine access, mail slot access, SCSI options, diagnostics, and lets you move media.
* Service: allows access to the menu that lets you view/edit library and SCSI
options.

NOTE: The library ships with a default service password of 5566.

Each password is represented by four decimal digits that are stored in NVRAM in a range of 0001 to 9999.

NOTE: 0000 is used to disable password verification for each level.

Enabling a password at a lower level re-enables disabled higher levels to that value. As a result, prior to accessing any higher level operation, you are prompted first to enter the new higher level password.
Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes. Oscar Wilde.