1748128 Members
3519 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSL5026 Bin fetch failure 3011

Paul Hatcher_1
Occasional Contributor

MSL5026 Bin fetch failure 3011

Hi, my MSL5026 has started to fail to fetch tapes from some slots in the left hand magazine. This is reproducible, but there doesn't seem to be a way to calibrate it - it's only about 2mm out, but it's enough to cause it to fail.

Any ideas?
8 REPLIES 8
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

What firmware version are you running?

The journey IS the reward.
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Hi Paul,
Just had a similar problem, it ended up that the library in the rack (just moved) was not horizontal, and one angle was a bit lower that the other three, the library was bent and the robot failed some time to collect tapes in the first left bins

marino
Paul Hatcher_1
Occasional Contributor

The firmware is 5.07
Paul Hatcher_1
Occasional Contributor

Marino

Are you talking about the plastic or the metal, this seems to be getting slightly worse over time; it was only one slot a few months ago and now it's up to four.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

> The firmware is 5.07

Thanks Paul, that's the latest we'd recommend. There is a 5.12 version, but we've had a few reports of reboot problems after updating firmware, so we're not recommending anything higher than 5.07 at the moment.

David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Paul,

I spoke with engineering and they suggested that you try 4.30 firmware. If you are using LTT to do the firmware update, then you'll need a password to enable the downgrade (email my attention at ltt_team@hp.com).

Also, what brand of media are you using? Does the problem only happen with a particular media brand?
VIKAS AGRAWAL
Frequent Advisor

HI Paul,

your firmware is ok for this library, please do not upgrade the firmware as after upgrading the firmware i am facing a lot of problem with my library & Ltt team is just giving new solutions daily , which are creating some more problem .

There could be two reasons for this problem , either your library is not fixed in the rack properly, once u open both the frount magzine doors u will find 2 screws are there at the center & they need to be tighten in order to prevent library,

Secound make sure your library & rack both are in horizontal position.

If this is not working then your robotic arm is having some problem , If it is under warrenty get it replaced or go for a carepack
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

>>>
Are you talking about the plastic or the metal, this seems to be getting slightly worse over time; it was only one slot a few months ago and now it's up to four.

Y'm talking about the rails on the rack, it happens in my case that the rails where fixed all at the same level and the library was not horizontal