Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
StoreEver Tape Storage
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSL5026 Netware6

Paul Slade
Occasional Contributor

MSL5026 Netware6

Has anyone seen this problem.

I have a Compaq DL380 2 node packaged cluster with an Compaq MSL5026 tape
library attached to one of the nodes. Both nodes running NW6SP1 and the
latest Compaq Service Paq's.

The tape library has 2 cartridges and is connected to a Compaq Ultra3 Wide
SCSI controller card. The node runs up OK without SCSI errors, apart from No
SCSI BIOS Installed!, which is supposed to be normal when running a tape

The problem is I can't see the device from the server when using the List
Devices command or Scan For NEw Devices command which means Arcserve7
doesn't see it either.

The SCSI settings on the card are SCSI ID 7 IRQ15. I'm using the latest
ADPT160M.HAM and DDI drivers and startup has the latest DLTTAPE.CDM driver.
Is there anything else needed??

Any help appreciated as I can't backup my new servers at the moment!!!

Attached is the survey.txt file from the node with the tape library attached.

harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

Re: MSL5026 Netware6

Try changing the SCSI ID to 6, if possible. Seven (7) sometimes is used for the scsi card itself.

live free or die
Live Free or Die
Paul Slade
Occasional Contributor

Re: MSL5026 Netware6


Tks for the reply. I tried SCSI ID 6 but the server hung when it got to the SCSI load.

The tape library has a SCSI ID for each drive plus an ID for the library itself.

The factory defaults are
Drive 0 ID 1
Drive 1 ID 2
Library ID 0

The controller when it runs up seems to use 7, I've changed this to 6 using the CTL-A menu for the Adaptec card but when I try this is doesn't get past this point when rebooted.

Am I missing anything obvious as it's driving me nuts and shouldn't be this difficult.