1753386 Members
6739 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSL5026 error

Jeffrey F. Goldsmith
Super Advisor

MSL5026 error

The tape library has been connected to my network and I connected to it so I could run some tasks. I was cleaning the second tape drive in the tape library when it failed. How do I find out why it failed? I went to the History section and downloaded a couple of the trace files only to find out that I canтАЩt open them. How dose one open those files and are they useful?

Thanks for any help.
3 REPLIES 3
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Re: MSL5026 error

That information is usefull only to HP support. But normally they don't spend much time analyzing it, they just replace the component.

The most common action is to use HP LT&T to get device data and generate a service request.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Hi,

If you go to the LCD front panel and select "Menu-Diagnostics-View error Log" there should be a list of the last errors which occurred.

These are listed as Fault Symptom Codes (FSC) errors. The FSC's are broken down into sections which could help isolate the problem.

A list of the FSC sections and error codes is attached although these may be firmware dependant so might not be 100% accurate today.

I hope this helps.

Brian

Jeffrey F. Goldsmith
Super Advisor

I didnt find all the answers that I wanted but did gain a better understanding of how to check the error codes when they happen.