Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
StoreEver Tape Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSL5026 with Data Protector 5.0

David_256
Advisor

MSL5026 with Data Protector 5.0

Hi Everyone !

I need to install a MSL5026 with two internals drives in a Data Protector 5.0, and I have a little problem. The DP doesn??t recognize the robot , only recognize the two device compaq : COMPAQ:SUPERDLT1-1(/dev/rmt/c5t2 and COMPAQ:SUPERDLT1-2(/dev/rmt/c5t1, with I made an autoconfigure device under device enviroment appear these devices, but not like a library...
Even under the HP UX 11.11 that is the machine is connected, when I made a ioscan -funC tape command only detect the devices, not the robot.

I think is a driver problem, but under your web, I did not found.

Could anyone help me? Thanks a lot.
4 REPLIES
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor

Re: MSL5026 with Data Protector 5.0

Does "ioscan -fun" see the robotics?

Are you using FC or SCSI?

No matter where you go, there you are.
Leif Halvarsson_2
Honored Contributor

Hi,
Is the "sctl" driver configured in the kernel ?
You also have to manualy create the device file for the robotics. See the Installation guide Appendix B how to configure librarys for HP-UX.
David_256
Advisor

Dear Fleming, yes it is a LVD connection, when I made a ioscan -fun appear the robotic at the address c5t7d0.
And Leif, the sctl driver is install but said n/a at boot.
Thank you.
David_256
Advisor

Dear all, it is solved jet. The problem was the identification of the robotics under DP. I make another autodiscover and found the scsi address of the robotic.

Thanks a lot for your help!!