108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSL5026S2 SAN/Fibre Problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Malcolm Worster
Occasional Contributor

MSL5026S2 SAN/Fibre Problem

Hi - I have the following set up & am unable to get Win2000 to recognise the MSL5026 Tape Library System:

Win2000 Server SP3 with FCA-2101 HBA connected via fibre to Storageworks Fibre Channel SAN Switch 2/8.

Also connected to the switch is an MSA1000 Raid Array unit (Win200 recognises this ok).

Finally connected to the switch is a MSL5026S2 Tape library unit. This has an embedded E1200 Storage Router to enable an interface between its Library Controller Card and the SCSI tape drive.

However, whatever I try, Win2000 will not see the Tape drive. I have tried:

1. All the latest drivers for the HBA.

2. Removing the E1200 Fibre Router from the setup & using the SCSI links only. Result is that Win2000 recognises the drive ok

3. Checking/changing the configuration on the E1200 card - it should work with factory defaults. I can see the Tape drive listed in the Device Mapping view ok which suggests the E1200 can recognise the tape device. Also the Fibre link is shown as "UP".

From the documentation I believe that Win2000 should recognise the Tape device & that drivers can then be installed.

I'm fast running out of ideas ! Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks in advance,

Malcolm.
5 REPLIES 5
Leif Halvarsson_2
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,
I had the same problem, try to change the drive mapping (Default Map) from indexed to Auto-Assigned
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Malcolm,
also check switch's zoning. If there's zoning and port you're trying to reach is not in the zone, then this port will be invisible for OS
Eugeny
josemaria cr
Regular Advisor

Try to power off the library (on the display), and the server.
Then power on the library, and when you see in the status menu that the library is idle, power on the server.

You have to see it in the device administrator.

joseamria cr
Malcolm Worster
Occasional Contributor

Leif,

Your suggestion was correct and all is now working ok. Many thanks for your help.

Malcolm.

(Eugeny - I had already checked the zoning but thanks anyway !).
Danny Warren

What is the mapping you are using to view the devices? Have you gone in and filled the 'Indexed Map'? How many devices do you have attached to the e1200? What is your setting on FC mode, Auto Sense or N_Port?
danny.warren@hp.com