StoreEver Tape Storage
1753886 Members
7396 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSL5026SL firmware V Arcserve

Andy_114

MSL5026SL firmware V Arcserve

OK i have an MSL5026SL tape drive on a compaq proliant 1600 server, using windows 2000, CA arvserve V7 (1100),
the tape changer continues to fail on remount or inventry , only updating some of the slots, leaving other slots showing we have been recomended by HP engineer to upgrade to v5.1 firmware, but we have had instance of this totally crippling the device. And to install NT drivers but have experience of this freezing the device, as arcserve uses its own drivers.

I also cannot find a firmware download site on HP's wonderful new Web map can anyone help
GET IT RIGHT FIRST TIME
2 REPLIES 2
CA998057
Advisor

Re: MSL5026SL firmware V Arcserve

I know the official tool to update any tape
or library is L&TT (Library and Tape Tool).
It is a Windows product and will manage any
directly attached L&Ts. It can download the
firmware from the internet and then push it
to the desired devices.

I am not 100% sure, but I believe the current
F/W for the MSL5026SL is v4.12 and the SDLT1
drives are at v51 or v5.1, as you mentioned.

rick
BR766329
Advisor

Re: MSL5026SL firmware V Arcserve

Yes, you can install LTT to update your firmware. MSL: 4.14 SDLT V51

I think you have a problem with one of your drives. This is most likely caused by the fact that Arcserve is not nearly suitable for this library neither is the PL1600. Cause of the problems you are running into is the fact that the SDLT drives are not able to come in to streaming mode. Because of that you have a high wear and tear of your tapes and drives.
So occassionally a HP technician will have to stop by to exchange a drive.
You can put one drive offline and do the inventory on 1 drive to find out which drive is giving you the problems.

Check your arcserve logs, any throughputvalue less than 600MB/min indicates the cause.

Leon