4886 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSL5026SL (white version) has problems with cleaning jobs

Michel Kolman
Occasional Contributor

MSL5026SL (white version) has problems with cleaning jobs

Hi,

Recently I have some problems with my MSL5026SL DLT110/220 tape robot. Since one month I got CRC errors from time to time and it's getting worser.

When I run a cleaning job the SDLT cleaning tape stays in the device and will not eject and moved back in the partition where it's comming from.

There are 2 drives in my robot DLT0 and DLT1 and both of the drives seem to have the problem. My firmware is 3.07 and I'm using Veritas Backup Exec. The data that I backup every night is 1,2 terabyte splitted over 4 jobs.

When I log on to the robot by webbrowser and I change the cleaning tapes by browser instead of Veritas Backup Exec the robot freezes up sometimes.

Does anybody know the problem? Should I upgrade the firmware?? What is the problem with the cleaning tapes? I need a good backup every day. Hope you can help.

Kind Regards,

Michel
4 REPLIES 4
Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

That looks like the robot firmware version, not the drive firmware. The drive firmware is more likely to be the culprit in this case. What firmware revs are the two drives running at?
Michel Kolman
Occasional Contributor

The boot code revision is 3 and the firmware version is 3.11 (I looked that up on the touch screen in the diagnostics menu).
Michel Kolman
Occasional Contributor

Is there the firmware of the drive of the robot?
Michel Kolman
Occasional Contributor

Not correctly described